Monday 29 December 2014

Vintage Hunting in Portobello.

Heya...

I hope you all have had a great few days and a wonderful Christmas for those who celebrate it! Its always sad when the noise dies down as relatives leave the house after boxing day, but a post about a vintage day shopping in Portobello cheers me up.

I hadn't been to Portobello market since the summer, so I was keen to get back and rummage around the treasure trove of shops. It was a beautiful crisp winter morning to I took the opportunity I got to wear my faux fur white vintage coat. It was warm, elegant and perfectly vintage for the occasion and I loved styling it with casual pieces to tone town the glamour and glitz associated with (faux) fur coats.

I didn't pick up any clothes, however it was a day for accessories! We hadn't even reached the market before being hypnotised into a glorious shop packed with hats. I have always wanted a felt floppy hat and I finally got one! I love it so much and I really think it brings any outfit up to scratch if you want to look more sophisticated.

Once we reached the second hand clothes stall, I spotted a rainbow of scarves all on a rail. They were all beautiful, but somehow I managed to find one I loved in the myriad of colours and patterns. Its a late 60s-early 70s gem and I will definitely be styling it for you in a blog post soon so don't worry, you shall see it soon! 

My Portobello vintage hunting outfit, complete with oversized 60s sunnies for the fun of it!


Hat - Portobello
Faux Fur Jacket - Vintage shop in Cotsworlds
Roll neck - Topshop
Sunnies-Trying on for fun

Tweet me your vintage finds @Snapshotgirl117 !!

Snapshotgirl
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment