Monday 3 March 2014

Vintage Thrifting

Heya...
I love finding old vintage things, which have been loved before and have got that certain thing about them, a little scratch or dent. I had a great vintage thrift shopping weekend and I thought I would share one or two things with you, as well as a  past thrifted item found in NYC!
 
I met with a new friend Lexie -lexielikes.com- and we started our thrifting weekend with the numerous local charity shops! I didn't find any clothes I liked but I did spot a rather 60s looking necklace from Oxfam for £2!

 
Spurred on my charity shopping on Saturday we went to a car boot sale on Sunday! I love the random assortment of odds and ends dotted around, endless possibilities of vintage finds hidden among the stalls. I found two fantastic things, the first being a vintage 50s camera. I thought it would look cute on my mantel piece but the much loved, dented thing still works! I have already ordered some film and can't wait to start experimenting with it!
 
 
The second thing I spotted was an extremely cute tin. I've always loved vintage tins, and this one is the perfect size for lip products!
 
 
I think I was extremely lucky with these finds as they were not expensive at all (camera-£3) (tin £1) and they were pretty much exactly what I was looking for!
 
Two Easters ago, I was fortunate to go to NYC! I loved it there soo much but one of the best days was going to a flea market! This granny clutch is adorable and it was mine as soon as I saw it!
 
 
Hope you liked seeing all my favourite thrift finds!
 
Love, Isla
xxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment